Saturday, July 7, 2007

Off to the Dig...


My student, Brent, arrived a couple of days ago from Greece and today we are going to Tel es-Safi for the excavations. Brent is going for the full month and I'm going for 10 days, and then back to Melbourne. Here Laura, myself, and Celia are having drinks in the garden of the American Colony Hotel. Celia is currently working at Ashkelon and we usually room together every year at ASOR. I guess I'm still celebrating being finished with my book, Theory 4 Classics, especially since my editor said she really liked it and she hopes to have it published by January 2008!

1 comment:

Caroline Tully said...

Yes, hurry up! ;-) Can't wait to hear all about your *long time* in Israel when you get back to Melb next week or thereabouts. Am psyched for 'Current Issues in Aegean Archaeology' and somewhat jealous of the excavating students over there who I think I recognise from Melb Uni!